The violin section is part of a long tradition that began with the famous Hungarian pedagogue Oskar Back, who studied with Eugène Ysaÿe. Carl Flesch has also been a teacher at the Amsterdam institute. Herman Krebbers and Davina van Wely followed in Oskar Back's footsteps and have trained renowned students for years.
Section representative: Kees Koelmans
* two studies of a different character (Rode, Dont, Wieniawski)
* two movements from a solo sonata or -partita by Bach
* a movement from a concert by Mozart or Haydn
* a movement from a concert by Bruch, Mendelssohn, Wieniawski (or another concert of the same difficulty) or a performance piece, for example Bloch (Nigun), Saint-Saëns (Havanaise) or Tchaikovsky (Souvenir d'un lieu cher)
* a (movement from a) sonata by for example Mozart, Beethoven or Brahms
Audition candidates will be selected on the basis of a video recording (files or link to be submitted digitally). Recordings must be received by March 1st at the latest.
After the two-year course, students will be ready to enter the professional music world at the highest level.
Upon taking the final examination for the bachelor's degree programme, CvA candidates must have received the distinction 'eligible for acceptance to the master's degree programme'
1. Candidates must submit a proposal for a performance of maximum duration of 60 minutes. At least one piece should be played from memory.
2. Candidates must submit their proposal before March 1st. The programme should consist of a fuga or the Chaconne by Bach, a first movement from a concert by Mozart, a movement from a romantic solo concert or virtuoso performance piece and a sonata or other chamber music piece.
Audition candidates will be selected by the committee on the basis of a submitted video recording (digital file or link). Recordings must be received by March 1st at the latest.
Kees Koelmans section representative & principal subject
Vera Beths principal subject
Peter Brunt principal subject
Ilya Grubert principal subject
Lex Korff de Gidts principal subject
Johannes Leertouwer principal subject
Liviu Prunaru principal subject
Maria Milstein principal subject
Janet Krause orchstra training for bachelor students
David Peralta Alegre orchestra training for master students
Marc Danel string quartet
Wiesje Miedema methodiek
Tim Kliphuis improvisation
Emma Breedveld violin as a subsidiary subject