Section representative: Jasper de Waal.
This is a multifaceted programme which incorporates as many aspects of the profession as possible:
• principal private lessons (technique, études and repertoire from all periods)
• methodology (education)
• chamber music and ensembles taught by various teachers
• orchestral repertoire, orchestra class and participation in orchestra projects
The orchestra class, in which the entire brass section works on relevant passages from the entire orchestral repertoire, is held weekly.
• some etudes from: C. Kopprasch, B. Krol, F. Nauber of O. Franz
• some pieces to be chosen from the following: A. Glazoenov - Rêverie op. 24; K. Szamaza - Kürt Muzsika; A. Skrjabin - Romance; H. Langrish - 8 Easy pieces; L. Ganne - Rêverie extase; L. Cherubini - Sonate nr. 1; C. Saint-Saëns - Romance; N. Richardson - 6 Horn tunes; V. Krynkov - Italian rhapsody op. 65; G. Paisiello - Andante nr. 19
• some motives and themes
Upon completion of the degree programme, the graduate hornist will have developed his/her solo and orchestra-related abilities to the extent that he/she will be ready to enter the professional music world at the highest level and in a broad capacity.
Admission requirementsThe candidate will perform a programme which may not exceed 30 minutes. He/she is required to play at least one piece from memory. This programme will include a variety of musical styles. Programme guidelines and requirements may be obtained from the section representative Jasper de Waal.