Harp training in the Netherlands is internationally renowned. Erika Waardenburg is active in the field of contemporary music, in many ensembles and as a teacher. She leads the Young Talents, which is very successful, also internationally.
Special attention is paid to orchestral performance, avant-garde, period performance practice and the small harp. Another feature of the harp programme is special audition training
* the exam will take 15 minutes playing time
* at least one work is to be played from memory
* if the candidate does not meet the requirements for the bachelor programme, he/she may be admitted to the preparatory course
* scales and triads may be tested
* sight-reading may be tested
The programme to be prepared (duration: 25 minutes) should comprise:
1. required work: C. Salzedo - Chanson dans la nuit for harp solo
2. etudes: two etudes, one with scales and one with broken chords
3. sonata or sonatina from the 18th century or the first movement from G.F. Händel's harp concerto
4. pieces: two works from different style periods (19th or 20th century)
The student will concentrate on the further mastering of all aspects of harp playing. After two years, the student will be ready to enter the professional music world at the highest level as a soloist, chamber player and orchestral musician.
Upon taking the final examination for the bachelor's degree programme, CvA candidates must have received the distinction 'eligible for acceptance to the master's degree programme'.
1. The exam will take 30 minutes playing time. The candidate is required to play at least half of the exam programme from memory.
2. The candidate must submit a list of repertoire with a proposed programme for the entrance examination to the CvA study secretariat before 1 March. The programme to be prepared (duration: 45 minutes), should comprise at least:
* first movement from a solo concerto of the candidate's choice
* a J.S. Bach suite or C.Ph.E. Bach - solo sonata in G
* a Romantic virtuoso piece
* an impressionist piece
* a modern piece