Apart from principal-study tuition, teachers also organise group lessons. Students take orchestral classes. Furthermore, workshops and masterclasses are organised regularly. Apart from orchestral projects, there are special projects for wind players and chamber music.
Section representative: Jos de Lange
* the following two etudes are obligatory: Ch.J. Weissenborn - Fagott-Studien II no. 35; A. Vaulet - 20 Studien etude no. 11
* one etude to be chosen from the following: A. Vaulet - 20 Studien; Ch.J. Weissenborn - Fagott-Studien II; E. Ozi - 42 Caprices
* three sonatas or pieces, for example: L. Milde - Andante from 3 Study pieces; A. Besozzi - Sonatine; Ch.J. Weissenborn - from opus 9
After the two-year course, students will be ready to enter the professional music world at the highest level.
1. The candidate will perform a programme which may not exceed 30 minutes. He/she is required to play at least one piece from memory.
2. The candidate must submit a list of repertoire with a proposed programme for the entrance examination to the CvA study secretariat before 15 February. This programme will include a variety of musical styles. The admissions committee will evaluate the proposed programme and make any necessary changes. Programme guidelines and requirements may be obtained from the representative of the section.