This is a multifaceted programme which incorporates as many aspects of the profession as possible:
* principal private lessons (technique, études and repertoire from all periods)
* methodology (education)
* chamber music and ensembles taught by various teachers
* orchestral repertoire, orchestra class and participation in orchestra projects
* some contrasting etudes, to be chosen from the following: C. Kopprasch - Sechzig ausgewählte Etuden für Tuba, or etudes of similar standard
* scales and chords
The student will concentrate on the further mastering of all aspects of tuba playing. After two years, the student will be ready to enter the professional music world at the highest level and in a broad capacity. The syllabus is broad and will contribute to the student's further development and maturity within the field.
Upon taking the final examination for the bachelor's degree programme, CvA candidates must have received the distinction 'eligible for acceptance to the master's degree programme'.
1. The candidate will perform a programme which may not exceed 30 minutes. He/she is required to play at least one piece from memory.
2. The candidate must submit a list of repertoire with a proposed programme for the entrance examination to the CvA study secretariat before 15 February. This programme will include a variety of musical styles. The admissions committee will evaluate the proposed programme and make any necessary changes. Programme guidelines and requirements may be obtained from the representative of the section.