How to apply
Application for the Keep an Eye International Jazz Award is now open!
Closing date for application: 23 February, 2023.
Only Conservatorium van Amsterdam bands may sign up.
What to submit?
- Two high-quality recordings (MP3): one standard and one original.
- The total duration of the material should not exceed 8 minutes (this implies that the submitted recordings can be excerpts taken from a longer performance). If you make cuts, please make sure the transitions etc. are smooth.
- Your recording must feature the same musicians who will play the semi-final and the final (no subs!). Exceptions may be made in rare cases. Please discuss this beforehand with Anna-Maria Nitschke: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can participate?
- Master, bachelor and contract students from the CvA can participate.
- Alumni who graduated in or after 2018 can participate, but no more than one alumnus per band. The alumnus cannot be the band leader nor win individual prizes.
- Your band must be available on April 11, 12, 18 (evenings), 19 and 20 for the semi-finals, band coaching and final.
- There is no maximum band size.
- As a band leader, you can only sign up with one project.
- As a band member, you may sign up with several projects but you can only play in a maximum of three bands during the semi-finals.
If your band gets selected for the semi-final / final:
- You cannot participate in the semi-final without participating in the band coaching.
- You will have to play 15 minutes max.
- You will have to play at least one original composition.
- You will have to play from memory, so without sheet music.
- The theme of the competition will be: New Standards – Focus on Women Composers. You will have to arrange and play your own version of one of the selected pieces from New Standards, 101 Lead Sheets by Women Composers, curated by Terri Lyne Carrington. Selection t.b.a