The Conservatorium van Amsterdam has more than 100 bilateral contracts with partner institutions across the world. In the framework of these collaborations, such as the Erasmus+ programme, the CvA is organising exchanges enabling CvA students to study abroad for one semester and students of our partner universities to spend one semester at the CvA. Our partners include amongst others the following institutions:
- Conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Paris
- Conservatoire national supérieure de musique et de danse de Lyon
- The Jazz-Institute Berlin
- Rhythmic Music Conservatory, Copenhagen
- Department of Music, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim
- Siena Jazz University
- Universität der Künste Berlin
- Hochschule für Musik Hanns Eisler, Berlin
- Sibelius Academy, Helsinki
- Royal College of Music, London
- Guildhall School of Music & Drama, London
- Hochschule für Musik, Cologne
- Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst, Vienna
- Universität "Mozarteum", Salzburg
- Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst, Graz
- Popakademie Baden-Wurttemberg, Mannheim
- Instituto Politecnico do Porto (ESMAE), Porto
- Academy of Music, University of Zagreb
- Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz
- Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
- Thornton School of Music, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- Frost School of Music, University of Miami
- Boyer College of Music and Dance at Temple University, Philadelphia
- School of Jazz at The New School New York
- Manhattan School of Music, New York
- Qinghai Conservatory of Music, Guangzhou
- The Central Conservatory of Music, Beijing
- Escola de Música de Estado de São Paulo (EMESP)
Admittance is based on available study places for the chosen programme and the level of the student’s audition performance recording. Exchange students are expected to have an adequate level of English proficiency. They are however not required to submit proof of their language proficiency.
The CvA aims to accept the same number of students as go abroad, but exceptions may be made for very talented exchange candidates.
Step 1: Get approval from your home institution
Students are advised to first contact the exchange coordinator/International Office at their home institution to get approval for the exchange.
Step 2: Prepare your application documents
Students need to prepare the following documents
- Motivation letter
- Audition recordings of approximately 20 minutes (and scores for composers) submitted via one or several links. Students have free choice regarding the pieces they would like to include.
- Recommendation letters (optional)
- Transcript of records (optional)
Step 3: Submit your application
The CvA uses the EASY platform to manage all exchange applications. Students first need to create an account, complete the application form and submit the necessary documents.
Academic year 2021-2022:
* Call for Applications opens: 11 January 2021
* Call for Applications closes: 1 March 2021 (for Autumn semester & Spring semester)
Outcomes of the application
Students will be informed in the course of May/June about the outcomes of their application (depending on the programme they applied for).
CvA students can study abroad for one semester at one of our partner institutions - depending upon placement options and completion of the required subjects at the CvA. Information regarding the application procedure and deadlines can be found on MyAHK (under “Studying Abroad”) or by contacting the International Relations Officer.
Ruth Graf-Fleet International Relations Officer