Application and admission
Candidates will not only be selected on the basis of their skills as a musician, but also on the level of their original compositions.
The department has the following application procedure:
1. Please complete the online application form
2. Please upload the following documents via a link which will be sent to you after you have submitted the application form.
- copy of diploma(s) granted
- a recent passport photo
- copy of the page in your passport which contains the registration number
- a short biography/motivation
- three recordings of songs (at least two of the songs should be original compositions. Max. upload of mp3s is 10 Mb)
Candidates will be selected beforehand on the basis of the recordings submitted. If the candidate's playing on the recording matches the required level, the candidate will be invited to take the entrance examination.
The examination consists of two parts:
- a practical aural skills exam in which students are required to react to chords, to sing intervals, to clap rhythms, to set words to music and to improvise to chords.
- the live performance of three pieces, one of which at least is an original composition. Candidates should bring their own accompaniment; the Pop Department does not provide accompaniment.
Admission to the master's degree programme
To be admitted to the master programme, the candidate must have a bachelor's degree in music (Bmus), and he / she must have already produced professionally released music.
- Students have an excellent basic knowledge of the national music industry and perform regularly.
- Students have a clear artistic vision with excellent compositional, production and conceptual skills.
- Students have the organizational, communication and social skills to market their project in the music indrustry at the highest possible level.
Composers / performers with a laptop as an instrument can also participate in the selection procedure if they have sufficient theoretical and practical musical knowledge and skills.
For the registration procedure see above.