How to apply
Application for the Keep an Eye International Jazz Award is open. Please click here for the online application form.
Closing date for application: 1 February, 2022.
Only Conservatorium van Amsterdam bands may participate.
What to submit?
- Two high-quality recordings (MP3): one standard and one original.
- The total duration of the material should not exceed 8 minutes (this implies that the submitted recordings can be excerpts taken from a longer performance).
- Your recording has to feature the same musicians who will play the semi-final and the final (no subs!). Exceptions may be made in rare cases. Please discuss this beforehand with Anna-Maria Nitschke: email@example.com.
Who can participate?
- Master, bachelor and contract students from the CvA can participate.
- Alumni who graduated in or after 2017 can participate, but no more than one alumnus per band. The alumnus cannot be the band leader nor win individual prizes.
- Your band has to be available on March 24, 25, 28 (evening), 29 and 30, 2022 for the semi-finals, band coaching and final.
- There is no maximum band size.
- As a band leader, you can only sign up with one project.
- As a band member, you may sign up with several projects but you can only play in a maximum of three bands during the semi-finals.
If your band gets selected for the semi-final / final:
- You cannot participate in the semi-final without participating in the band coaching.
- You will have to play 15 minutes max.
- You will have to play at least one original composition.
- You will have to play from memory, so without sheet music.
- You will have to arrange and play your own version of a Charles Mingus composition. The list of compositions to select from will be published here shortly.