How to apply
Below you see step by step what you need for your application.
In order to be admitted to the bachelor programme at the Conservatorium van Amsterdam, candidates should possess a graduation certificate from an institution of secondary education a recognised equivalent of a Dutch VWO or HAVO certificate.
In certain cases candidates whose qualifications do not match or fall short of the minimum entrance requirements may still be admitted after an additional admission inquiry which demonstrates that the candidate is expected to take the study succesfully. This inquiry may be made by the exam committee and/or through an external institute, chosen by the conservatory. The fees are for account of the candidate. Candidates should also pass the entrance examination.
In order to be admitted to the master programme at the Conservatorium van Amsterdam, candidates should possess a Bachelor of Music diploma.
Attached to the form you must send in any case the following documents, so please make sure you have them ready when you start to fill out the form:
- copy of diploma(s) granted
- copy of the page in your passport which contains the registration number and the photo
- an IELTS- or TOEFL-language certificate. Please note: this is only required for non-Dutch/non-English speaking candidates from countries outside the EU, please click here.
- a brief biography; (please note that there is a specific format for DNOA-applications, please click here)
- recordings if requested; please see the admission requirements for the principal subject of your choice.
The bachelor's and master's degree programmes at the Conservatorium van Amsterdam are fulltime studies and require as a result an attendance according to the study time.