How to apply
Application for the Keep an Eye International Jazz Award is open. Please click here for the online application form.
Closing date for application: 1 February, 2020.
Only Conservatorium van Amsterdam bands may participate.
What to submit?
* Two high-quality recordings (MP3): one standard and one original.
* The total duration of the material should not exceed 8 minutes (this implies that the submitted recordings can be excerpts taken from a longer performance).
* Your recording has to feature the same musicians who will play the semi-final and the final (no subs!).
Who can participate?
* Master, bachelor and contract students from the CvA can participate.
* Alumni who graduated in or after 2016 can participate, but no more than one alumnus per band. The alumnus cannot be the band leader nor win individual prizes.
* Your band has to be available on March 23, 24, 25 and 26, 2020 for the semi-finals, band coaching and final.
* There is no maximum band size.
* As a band leader, you can only sign up with one project.
* As a band member, you may sign up with no more than three bands.
If your band gets selected for the semi-final / final:
* You can’t participate in the semi-final without participating in the band coaching.
* You will have to play 15 minutes max.
* You will have to play at least one original composition.
* You will have to play from memory, so without sheet music.
* You will have to arrange and play your own version of one of these Charlie Parker songs:
2. Chi Chi
3. Moose the Mooche
7. Scrapple from the Apple